The School was housed in an old and obsolete building (1927) that had been added onto several times, and in many smaller buildings and townhouses in 2000 block of E. Monument Street. The architectural plan integrated all those properties into a new organizational scheme, suitable for development in phases. The plan considered various types of spaces (laboratories, teaching, offices, public spaces) in terms of current and future needs, organizational, technical and architectural requirements, as well as financial means. Each possible scheme of development was analyzed in terms of its impact on the organization of the current space and overall growth of the School. That was followed by a thorough financial analysis. Defined in this manner, the schemes developed by the plan provide answers for the School's ever-changing needs for space, while considering short and long term financial planning.
The new plan also set new design standards, giving the School a new image. It set standards for interior design including finishes, furniture, equipment and signage, all stored in electronic data bases. These standards are used by the School's staff, as well as by outside architects and consultants.